Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

My First #IDAHO

Well, the title explains it perfectly. Today, May 17th 2012, is officially my first IDAHO.


For those won't don't know what IDAHO is, i googled it for you :
The International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO) is celebrated every May 17. It is coordinated by the Paris-based "IDAHO Committee," founded and presided by French academic Louis-Georges Tin. The day aims to coordinate international events to garner support for the respect of lesbians and gay rights worldwide.
May 17 was chosen as the day of the event because homosexuality was removed from the International Classification of Diseases of the World Health Organization (WHO) on May 17, 1990
So now you know what IDAHO is.

Anyway, last year i was 120% an anonymous gay guy in Beirut, i observed the LebIDAHO campaign done by some amazing tweeps i followed, and checked their blogs almost everyday.
During the summer, i had the courage to create my own blog, and started being more active in the LGBT community.

This year, i had the pleasure of coordinating with some amazing tweeps ( Although i didn't have the time to be as active as i wanted to be :( ) but just reading the email threads made me feel proud of being gay, of being in this amazing group of people who know what being homosexual REALLY IS.

I don't need to know everyone in person, but I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

Thank you for being supportive for each other.
Thank you for being active members of this community.
Thank you for being Homosexuals.
I promise everyone of you to be even more active, anytime i have the time to breath, I'll be actively fighting for Homosexuals rights in Lebanon.

And for every other person who hate homosexuals :

BITE ME !

I'm gay, I'm proud, And I'm here to STAY.

& HUH !

3 comments:

  1. That is an amazing piece, I did not know #LebIDAHO 2011 was your inspiration for all the great work you did and still doing this year. I am so happy to read this and this should be shared :) Stay Strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...
    Love this post.
    We're glad to have u buddy =) (K)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your motivating comments :D

    ReplyDelete