Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's been a while

Well it's been more than 1 month for my last post, and more than 3 for my last "Story related post". i can't fully blame it on being busy, but there is something else.



You can't say : I'm too busy to write a blog post. Because instead of checking facebook or twitter in the morning while taking a dump, you can write the post on your mobile (all blogging platforms have mobile apps.), and i can't say my inactivity is due to that.

In fact, busy is just a minor part of my recent (almost 3 months long ) inactivity.
The other part, the major part, is simply due to the lack of motivation.

I lost motivation in fighting,
I lost motivation in trying to find the GUY for me,
I lost motivation in LGBT life, at least in Lebanon,
I lost motivation in almost everything related to LGBT to the point that i refused to talk to a guy, or ignored him, if i knew he was gay.

WHY ?

Because of my last 365 days long experience.
Nothing really pushes you forward.
Every date is worst than the one before : It's either stupid or sex oriented guys.

So why the come back right now ?

Easy,
i was following a thread about #LebIDAHO and realized something.

Most of the LGBT people involved and/or active online, are their for the fun of it.
Fun you say ?
Yes fun, because of them bail out when things become serious. I can't say i'm the most active or serious dude, but at least i try to be.
I recently had a chat with @BeirutBoy , and boooooy he is serious.

Anyway, getting back on track,
You can consider this post as a come back, and as a contribution to the #IDAHO campaign.

Because, as we were discussing in the thread, IDAHO is all about sharing homophobia stories and how it affected you, well my whole story started with Homophobia by my own parents, my own surrounding, my own friends.

so thanks to @BeirutBoy chat today, i promise you that a lot more active guy will be here, and you will get bored (Or not) from my story, cz my next post will be all about : How i came out to my first friend.

2 comments:

  1. "I lost motivation in fighting,
    I lost motivation in trying to find the GUY for me,
    I lost motivation in LGBT life, at least in Lebanon"

    That's why me and my friends complain about EVERY DAY. But then we go back in the game and keep fighting, keep searching, keep getting knocked down, keep trying.

    You're allowed to take a break.

    But you're not allowed to give up.

    Thanks for the post (K)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep fighting, keep searching, keep getting knocked down, keep trying .... love it, you can add to it KEEP WALKING :)

      Delete