Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Experience with Gay Nightlife in Lebanon

For those of you who don't know, until 2012, I've never been into any kind of place that has a reputation even close to being "Gay Friendly".



Why ?
Because i was so scared that i may end up seeing someone there i know, and he/she may report it to my friends or family.

Maybe that's stupid, maybe not..... but that's what i thought back then.

Well that's changed in the beginning of 2012, when a friend of mine, by accident or by curiosity, ended up in taking me to "Bardo", the well known gay friendly pub in Kontari (Hamra, Beirut).

My first visit was short, we sat near the entrance, a glass of wine, and we left in 1h.
It was a Thursday, the place not so much crowded : Good Music, Cute Guys.

3 Weeks Ago, another friend (a girl) ended up in taking me there, and this time it was different !

I was hesitant : I ended up convincing here : "a 30 min visit and i'm out of there !"

Well it was a Saturday night, at 12h00 PM and it ended up to be a 3.5 HOURS visit where we danced on the tables in the middle of the "REALLY CROWDED" pub ! We left because they kicked us out at 3h40 AM!

The music was WOW, i didn't stop dancing, i felt free.. no one to judge what or how i dance... no one to judge the gender of my dance partner !


Skipping to last Saturday... that was the first time i really intended to go to Bardo.
Why ? I invited some of my "Gay friends" for a small party for my Bday, and i ended up arriving late (Most of them were gone except 3).
I danced, sang, yelled, met 2 new guys, and enjoyed a great night !

But the place was WAY over crowded, and some of the guys dancing there, in my opinion, were "OVER".
How "Over" ?

Over in their way of dressing up. (TOO MUCH "Majdi w Wajdi").
Over in their way of dancing : you can dance anyway you want, but no need for pole dancing and striptease in the middle of a public place.

That night, a friend of mine convinced my of going to "Ghost" for the first time, and since it was my Bday, i wanted to try something new...

Well i already know where "Ghost" is, so i arrived before of my friend, found a parking place, and went inside.

You get greeted by 2 *not so friendly* guys where you need to GUESS that you need to pay 20$ to get inside.

After figuring that out, i entered to a dark place with LOUD music.
First look : everyone was there to get laid on that night :
- The ones with a partner were getting each other drunk.
- The single ones were already dirty dancing with someone drunk, or eyeing someone and planning their next move.

Well, adding to that a NOT SO GOOD Music, in my humble opinion, and poor lighting, i didn't like the place at all, although it has some really HOT guys, and i ended up leaving after 15 minutes since, in all cases, my friends ended up disappearing with their friends and left me alone.

So in my humble opinion :
Bardo : 7/10
Ghost : 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment